Saturday 10 August 2013

A New Very Very Very Short Story - A New Adventure


A/N Nobody ever really answer to my pleas for a review but maybe this time someone does? ;)

A New Adventure  
When you look up at the sky, what do you see?
Do you stories of the past, present and future in the fluffy white clouds on a warm summers day? Perhaps you see the heavens twinkling down at you on a cold winters night.
Me? I see new and unexplored worlds. These worlds all have life, new opportunities and adventures that are just waiting to be taken.  
It is said that when you are finished with this life you go to heaven or hell. It all depends what you believe in. Some scoff at the very idea of heaven and hell existing, while others love the idea of heaven and will do everything they can to avoid making a one way trip to hell.  
Personally I believe there is simply a door that I will need to open and step through in order to start my next life, on a star that is at the moment twinkling up in the night sky.  
As I stretch out on the freshly cut and dewey grass looking up at the stars, I take a moment to think about my life and I find I'm pleased with how I've lived it. There have been many smiles, tears, heartbreaks and loves but those are stories for another time.   
My gaze focuses on the stars again and I realize my time in this world has reached its end.
The last thing to cross my mind is “I wonder which star I will be on next” and with that thought I take my final breath and drift away into the darkness.  
Through the darkness I make out a door. I'm not floating or walking but somehow I make my way to it.
Taking a deep breath I twist the knob and open it, taking a step into a blinding light. Into my new adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment