Friday 3 May 2013

Movie Recommendation - The Host



Hi All,

I have a movie recommendation for you :) Most of you have probably already seen it but for those of you who haven't......



Movie: The Host
Actors: Saoirse Ronan (Melanie Stryder/Wanderer), Max Irons (Jared Howe), Jake Abel (Ian O'Shea) and Diane Kruger (The Seeker)
Rating: *****


I finally saw The Host and I loved it!

I think they chose the perfect actors for all the characters. They just portrayed them so well.
The setting of the movie was great, just like how I imagined it when reading the book. I loved how they made the fields of wheat etc.

The movie really stuck to the book this time. Only a few things missing but it wasn't disappointing because it would have dragged it out far to long. I'm not going to say what was missing because I don't want to be a spoil sport and I hate reading spoilers at times myself and really they weren't any major points just very minor ones.

Now the way that the souls are portrayed is just beautiful. It really looks pure, innocent and fragile. I thought that they would be made to look a bit like a centipede how ever this is what they ended up as


See what I mean by Beautiful?

My dad and brother were really not sure about this as they really don't like twilight and were afraid it would be another one. However at the end of the movie they both agreed that it was a great movie with a different outlook on what they likened to body snatchers. It was nice to see them kind and peaceful as opposed to violent and nasty.

 My dad said he didn't see what was so wrong with the world when the souls had taken over. It was a peaceful place to live, they didn't kill each other, you could walk on the streets safely without fear of being attacked, there is no such thing as greed and the trust that they have in each other is amazing. I personally think he made a great point.

It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I definitely recommend watching  this.


-The Dreamer


No comments:

Post a Comment